My Campaign Project!

            Across the world many people campaign for what they believe in or something in which they feel could help the world change even if it is just slightly. When the general election happened in 2010 there were campaigns all over the country in which government party people should vote for, with arguments such as David Cameron being airbrushed on his pictures which caused a controversy in the media as to how he was being campaigned on across the country at that time. Another campaign issue which has risen in the media is the student funds; I feel that this is a strong issue that has caused a large debate as many students have protested to campaign to keep the funds the same and have gone on street protests and vandalised many cities because of it.
            However I feel that campaigning is good and with the new emerging internet people can now make a campaign with any resource such as a camera phone on a cheap budget, I found whilst looking on Youtube people campaign about anything that they feel strongly about and with this it helped me to come up with an idea for my campaign. In our network media group we had to get into a group of 3-4 in which I worked with; Dominique, Rupee and Zoe at first it was hard to think of an issue which we could all campaign about that we individually felt strong about, however once we had sat down and made a mind map of different ideas we found that there were many issues that young people have to face that we could campaign about, yet there was one idea in particular that stuck... We came up with the idea of campaigning on healthy eating; as a student myself I find it hard to stick to a healthy eating regime when I know many takeaways or fast food places which I can go to for a cheap price, also keeping myself fit an active can be a struggle as it is hard for me to find the time. We first went on to the market and different fast food places to film for our campaign, we decided on filming different places and then putting a voice over on top. We also realised that as a student that binge drinking is also an issue, so we added that within our campaign and filmed a pint being drunk, I did the voiceover for our campaign and talked about the issues that can be caused by alcohol and eating unhealthy. I felt that doing the campaign taught me that I should look after myself even though I’m a student, I learnt more than I thought I would have... Here is our video for you to watch!  

No comments:

Post a Comment